Cost : $75
What to Bring: Eye and Ear Protection, a billed cap, Lunch, -Snacks, drinks, Photo ID. WORKING LUNCH IN CLASS.
Quality Handgun in bag or case unloaded (.380 or higher)
30 Rounds of FACTORY ammunition (bring a few extra).
LEAVE ALL GUNS AND AMMO IN CAR - NONE IN CLASSROOM
No low-cut shirts or open-toed shoes.
Learn: Safety, Laws, Handgun and Ammo Types, Marksmanship, and much much more.
Rental package available if needed: S
Gun and ammo $25 9mm semiauto, $30 .38 Revolver
If desired, we can provide a Gun and Ammo Package: ($25 9mm semiautomatic or $30 .38 revolver and all the ammo needed for class. Please notify us ahead of time if possible.
GUNS, AMMO, ETC:
1. Single action revolvers, derringers, and Rifle-type pistols (AR and AK pistols) are not permitted for the range qualification. Guns must have a minimum capacity of 5 rounds.
2. Revolvers must be fired double-action (without the hammer cocked) for every shot.
3. Traditional Double action/Single Action semiautos (exposed hammer) with a decocking lever must be decocked between strings of fire. First shot of each string must be fired double-action. Subsequent shots of that string are fired single action.
4. If your gun has a safety, it must be engaged at the completion of each string of fire (a few exceptions for double action or striker-fired guns).
5. Aiming must be performed with open sights without optical assistants – No scopes, lasers, red-dot etc. For laser equipped pistols the laser may be turned off or we can tape over it for the session. Lasers definitely have place, but their use is not allowed for the qualification. Please make sure you are familiar with these methods of aiming and shooting your gun.
6. Please bring only well-functioning, reasonable quality firearms and ammunition to class. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about your pistol
7. Please bring only factor ammunition. No handloads.
8. .22 caliber firearms are allowed, but are not recommended. We allow these as they can sometimes be the only viable choice for some shooters, but we discourage them due to a combination of the inherent unreliability of the cartridge, especially in semi-automatic pistols, as well as the very low power compared with self-defense caliber handguns (.38 special, .380, 9mm, 40, 45, .357 magnum, etc.)
IF you choose to bring a .22 semiautomatic to class, please use high-velocity ammunition(CCI MiniMags are usually very good) and test your gun with it before you come to class. Repeated malfunctions can in rare circumstances compromise your ability to complete the course of fire with the class and to receive your certificate. You may need to return at a later date at potentially more expense.
9. Each student should have a handgun to use. Sharing is usually not possible depending on whether more than one firing line is to be run.
Questions? Email us with ANY questions at firstname.lastname@example.org